Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Introducing Penn

Heavy, Daisy and I are proud to announce our newest addition to our family - Penn Erling! Penn was born Thursday, June 2nd at 5:03pm, weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces and measuring 20 inches long.
Quick labor story - We checked into Sharp Mary Birch at 7:30pm on Wednesday evening, I started contractions on my own as soon as I got all checked in (which was great) so they just put in an IV and monitored me for a few hours. Around 11:30pm they decided to give me a small dose of cytotec which helped me get to 5 cm by early morning when the contractions started to be pretty painful. Somewhere between 5 cm and 8 cm I got the epidural, which helped out tremendously! My water broke on its own as the anesthesiologist gave me the epidural and by noon I was at 10 cm. My doctor had a c-section scheduled so I didn't start pushing until close to 1pm. I pushed from 1 until 4pm when the doctor finally came in to give me some options. I asked for 30 more minutes to push before making any decisions, which she gave me and still no Penn. So at 5pm, the doctor with a team of about 8 came in to assist me. One push with the help of that vacuum on Penn's head and he was out. Yay!!!

We spent the next 24 hours recovering and got released Friday at 5pm.

Thank you to everyone for your visits, text messages, phone calls, emails, etc. We appreciate all your kind words, gifts, meals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment